ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Missed out on chances haunt Braves in Video game 1 loss to Phillies  (อ่าน 65 ครั้ง)

Middleton

• บุคคลทั่วไป
Missed out on chances haunt Braves in Video game 1 loss to Phillies
« เมื่อ: วันที่ 9 มกราคม 2024, 08:20:38 น. »
You probably couldn't have scripted a much worse playoff start for the Atlanta Braves,  who experienced a 3-0 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies in Video Game 1 of the Division Collection Saturday evening. It was the very first time that the Braves had been shutout in your home since August 28,  2021,  versus the San Francisco Giants. Atlanta was closed out simply two times all season long,  in San Diego on April 19 and once again in Toronto on Might 12. "I assume it was their pitching. I assumed Surez did an actually great work of mixing utilizing all of his pitches, " Snitker stated when asked regarding whether it was an off evening for the infraction or the Phillies' pitching that led to Atlanta's battles. "He located his heater truly well. The changeup was truly excellent. He did an excellent task. I assume that's mosting likely to take place,  and I assume it was much more their throwing than our hitting." The Braves were held without an extra base hit in the video game and left seven men on base while going 0-for-5 with joggers in racking up position. The offensive performance spoiled a great outing by Spencer Strider,  who enabled two runs and started out eight in 7 innings. It wasn't as if the Phillies offense set the world ablaze either. Their initial run came in the fourth inning as Bryce Harper walked and then transferred to second on an errant pickoff attempt by Strider. The attempt came with an 0-2 matter on Bryson Stott,  who brought him home with a single to left field. The Braves had an opportunity to answer right back,  however were incapable to find up with a prompt hit. Ranger Suarez really did not allow a hit till two outs in the fourth when Matt Olson lined a single to left. Ozzie Albies after that reached on a pressure play where Olson beat out Turner's throw to second. Olson was originally called out on the play,  yet the Braves tested and the telephone call was reversed. Phillies supervisor Rob Thomson would certainly give Suarez a fast hook and send in Jeff Hoffman,  that quickly strolled Marcell Ozuna to pack the bases. Nonetheless Austin Riley Jersey,  Michael Harris II went down turning to leave the bases full. "We had a couple of. I think there was 3 times in the game I felt like we had an opportunity to pierce the void and obtain something going, " Snit said on the missed possibilities. "Those were big outs." Atlanta once again intimidated in the 6th as Orlando Arcia led off the inning with a single and after that progressed to third on a pinch-hit solitary by Eddie Rosario. With the top of the order up,  Seranthony Dominguez set out Ronald Acua Jr. looking and Austin Riley turning to ward off an additional rally. Harper prolonged the lead in the 6th with a solo shot that just snuck over the wall surface in best area. The homer came on a slider down and in and really did not seem a negative pitch. "Well,  he is. He's a big gun-type player, " Snitker claimed of Harper. "He's a Hall-of-Famer. It does not shock me when he does excellent stuff. You got ta really make pitches on him. Things like that are mosting likely to take place."" We really did not score,  so it didn't actually issue. Yet he's certainly a person that you're mindful of where he's happening and where he's at in the batting order since he's proven that he enjoys this phase." Their last run can be found in the eighth as a catcher's disturbance call compelled home Trea Turner to round out the scoring. Sean Murphy said after the video game that he really did not feel the bat struck the handwear cover,  but believed he heard it. Snitker stated he actually couldn't inform from the dugout,  but went by the response on the area. "All I had was the huge board. I looked,  and Murph didn't say anything,  and I don't know that a player responds like that, " Snitker stated. "Points occur also quick for a guy to respond like that if it didn't happen,  however I could not tell off the video there." The nail in the casket came for the Braves in the eighth. Acua worked a leadoff stroll and after that relocated to second on a solitary by Riley. Matt Olson flew out deep to facility for the initial out before Albies sent a sharp grounder that Turner made a diving quit on and turned to second to start the inning-ending dual play. All three balls in the inning had exit rates of over 100 miles per hour,  yet the Braves once again came away with absolutely nothing. "Certainly there was a number of huge outs. Possibly none larger than Ozzie's that Turner dove and turned the double play, " Snitker stated. "He struck that ball actually well. It is among those points that occur occasionally. The throwing closed us down." Snitker chose to shuffle his lineup prior to the video game by relocating Austin Riley right into the 2nd area in the order while dropping Albies to 4th. When inquired about it after the video game,  he didn't think that played any variable into the team's offensive battles. "No. When you enter the batter's box David Justice Jersey,  they don't recognize where they're striking, " Snitker stated of the lineup adjustments. "No,  I do not. You understand what,  you get in there,  and it does not matter. No." Philadelphia put lots of stress on the Braves with their running game. Murphy tossed out J.T. Realmuto in the 2nd with a perfect throw,  yet the Phillies stole 5 even more bases in the video game. Turner singled and afterwards stole 2nd and third off of A.J. Minter in the 8th to reach 3rd to establish up the final run that scored on the catcher's disturbance. "We'll need to do a better task than we did. That's for certain, " Snitker claimed of the taken bases. "We understood that can be found in,  that they're hostile. It is among those points. Murph made a pair of truly good tosses. Overall Brad Hand Jersey,  they're really opportunistic,  and they got a whole lot of people with a great deal of success in stealing bases,  also. We're going to have to do a much better work holding the round and things like that." Video game 1 could not have gone a lot even worse for the Braves. They squandered a good begin from Strider and their league-best offense was essentially shut down by the Phillies' 3rd starter and their bullpen. They now deal with the overwhelming job of facing Zack Wheeler and Aaron Nola in Gamings 2 and 3. No person ever stated that it was mosting likely to be easy though. Snitker said that the group's emphasis needs to simply get on winning Video game 2." We got ta regroup and come back and win Monday now,  really, " Snitker said. "We obtained an actually good bottle that I really feel really excellent concerning on the pile,  and we can not,  I don't assume,  harp on that. I indicate,  we just obtained ta expect the next video game."